There are two sides to every coin, and the same is the case with outsourcing human resources. It’s largely advantageous though, with more and more businesses turning to PEOs or employee leasing firms. Here are the pros and cons of outsourcing human resources:
• HR outsourcing enables businesses to concentrate on their core competencies, ultimately resulting in better productivity and results for the company.
• With HR outsourcing, client companies can utilize their resources more effectively, as the human resources department is taken care of. It results in streamlined business processes.
• HR outsourcing enables employees of client companies to enjoy benefits typically offered in larger companies, these being outsourced from the PEO or employee leasing organization. The comprehensive benefits package offered by PEOs increases the buying power of companies in the job market and facilitates greater retaining of employees.
• The PEO consists of experts in the business and legal fields, who can positively influence the client company and help it make better decisions.
• One of the most significant concerns with outsourcing human resources is the chance of misplaced loyalty. Employees outsourced might not put in the similar kind of effort as hired staff or display such an interest in your company.
• This inevitably leads to the question of control. It may be difficult to control employees in certain cases of outsourcing agreements where the employee is hired on contract and doesn’t need to report to anyone within the organization.
• Clients must watch out for hidden costs or unexpected changes in the services offered, and other aspects that differ from the contract they signed.
However, you can get rid of the disadvantages if you clarify all matters with the PEO such as costs, services offered, length of contract, employee loyalty, and other details before finalizing the contract. Ultimately, outsourcing human resources does work for the betterment for your organization.
ABOUT THE WRITER
Kruse PEO is a professional employer organization outsourcing human resources administration services to client companies in the US. Wide range of HR outsourcing solutions are offered according to the client’s needs.